Monday, January 15, 2007

Remember Pistol Polo by Marx?

Towards the end of its toymaking tenure, the Louis Marx & Company began creating wonderful games with moving parts. Everyone remembers Rock'em Sock'em Robots, but do you remember Pistol Polo?

It was a great shooting game that even moms liked because the BBs didn't get all over the house! It was two guns attached to this clear plastic case the the BB's shot into. You would fire at a yellow ping pong ball and try to keep it on the other player's side.

There was a timer that activated a yellow stop sign to pop up. If the ball was on the other person's side when the stop sign appeared, you won! The concept was exactly like G'nip G'nop. Does anyone remember that game? We had it too, but I don't have any pictures of it. I want to do some research on it. If you know where there is a good write-up or pictures of G'nip G'nop, please let me know. Today's feature however is PistolPolo by Marx!

Check out the above pictures and see if you remember!

************************************************

If you have read anything in this post that interests you or helped you bring back memories, I would love to hear from you. Please comment or send me an email.

I have many other toys that I can write about and show pictures of. Please comment or email if you have a favorite toy form the 60's, 70's, or 80's that you would like me to post about. If your favorite toy is before the 60's or after the 80's, I will still give it a shot. I have many of my Dad's old toys, and I know about the more recent ones too.

This blog is for you. It's for everyone. Together, lets talk about the Toys 2 Remember! Thanks!!

*************************************************

No comments: